Friday, January 23, 2009

Good bye Garage

Well, here I sit my last official night in my house next to my garage. After everything said and done I found the garage wasn't as special as I had made it to be. It is just a big square, cement floors stained with oil and mud from the constant trips in and out. It has unfinished walls and even though it gives shelter it still gets cold and feels damp.

Tomorrow when my son-in-law and daughter come to move my things I will pull out of my garage and drive away and I doubt I will shed a tear. You see this has been an unusual time for me. I lost my job, and within 7 days started a new job and never put an application out there. I received an email from a person I hadn't seen in over 5 years and she said I heard you lost your job and wondered if I would be interested in a position with her company. The real miracle was the offer of having my health insurance paid and work part time hours. I can't write all the details why this is so amazing but it was an answer to prayer. Not only did I have this offer I received a severance package, ability to draw unemployment, and I was able to start drawing on my ex husbands Social Security Benefit as a surviving spouse.

I have had a tremendous sense of relief and peace. I am now moving home at the age of 60 almost 61. Seems strange. I tried real hard to keep my job, it is hard to explain how you just know like a second sense that no matter what you do you can't stop the process from happening. At that point you know God must be sending you a life boat, a rescue boat and maybe a lifeguard so it is better to wait and see what He has planned. So needless to say I struggled with my situation and spent many sleepless nights and wondered if I was doing the right thing. So when I received the email the next week about this new job it just reaffirmed that God controls everything and He just needs to see if we are trusting Him.

So a new chapter is starting and I am rather anxious to see what the end of the story will look like. It could include a tall dark stranger with deep blue eyes and has lots of money and drives a fancy car. But knowing my luck I will find a strange dark curly haired dog riding in a fancy car and only eats expensive food.... Never know just have to wait and see... God is good.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Carolyn
Your spirit and perserverance in the face of adversity has always inspired me. God is good and he continues to take care of us. I'm so happy that you have a job and the situation seems perfect. I know mom is going to enjoy having you back in Marion. :)

Love ya,
Kelley